World Book Day

9:27 PM

Hello everyone!
                         First of all, I hope you're having an awesome weekend. Today I managed to finish most of my homework for this past week and my homework for tomorrow, so I decided to do a little treat yo self and went and had an ice-cream with a friend. (you can click on this link and look at my picture!). However, today's post has literally nothing to do with ice-cream (unless you like cooking books or fictional stories about ice-cream). 

On April 23rd we celebrated the 20th anniversary of World Book Day, and because of that, I believe it's a great moment to ask you all about book recommendations and to tell you about my very tentative Summer Reading List!

I've always loved books - I learnt how to read when I was three and haven't stopped reading since.

Despite this, since I came to college, I've been reading less and less for pleasure, and because of that, I want to challenge myself to read some more for fun this summer. I recently bought The Giver and The House in Mango Street, and I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings. Currently, I'm reading The Shallows by Nicholas Carr. Do you have any recommendations of other books to read this year? What's a book you've read and it has impacted your life and you'd advice others to read it? 



  1. The Giver - Lois Lowry
  2. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings - Maya Angelou
  3. The Complete Sherlock Holmes Collection - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle 
  4. The Second Sex - Simone de Beauvoir
  5. Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher
  6. The Shallows - Nicholas Carr
  7. El Aleph - Jorge Luis Borges
  8. The House On Mango Street - Sandra Cisneros 
  9. The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath
  10. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
  11. In the Name of Identity - Amin Maalouf
  12. The Awakening - Kate Chopin
  13. The Old Man in the Sea - Ernest Hemingway
  14. The Bridget Jones Diary - Helen Fielding 
  15. Americanah - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
  16. Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov
  17. Where Rainbows End -  Cecelia Ahern
  18. If I Stay - Gayle Forman
  19. Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging - Louise Rennison 
  20. The Book Thief - Markus Zusa

Hopefully by the end of this summer (starting June 1st and finishing September 7th for me) I will have crossed all of these lovely books out! Again, if you have any recommendations, send me an email to youmeplustea@gmail.com or leave a comment and I'll be sure to check it out!

- Vicky

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook!

The Blogging Elite


The Blogging Elite

Where do you come from?

Flag Counter