July Goals!

9:00 PM

Hello there! 
                   Last month, I started putting my goals for that specific month in the blog, in hopes that I would feel more accountable and actually do it remind myself on the short run that I want to achieve certain things more than others this month. I managed to accomplish 3/5 goals, which is pretty good for myself. However, this month I want to achieve at least 4/5 and make sure those goals stay in the long run. 

Goals I managed to achieve: save some money, practice my knitting & eat healthier!
Goals I didn't manage to achieve: exercise at least twice a week & write more posts!

In my defense, this girl managed to sprain her ankle pretty badly when riding my bike and not so graciously falling down so once the ankle is feeling at least 80% I might get back to it! In the meanwhile, I'm still eating healthy and trying to eat less and less meat. Also, my computer charger blew up (literally) so I had to order a new one and patiently wait to be able to use my computer. Next month will be better though, I hope!

Anyways, without further due...


• Exercise more: Since I sprained my ankle, I was in a lot of pain for a few weeks and felt like poop every time I even moved my foot. Now, it's a whole different story. I've been trying to target my whole body and exercise in ways that won't put too much pressure on my ankle, so I started doing Blogilates. Cassie Ho is a great coach, and her videos make the half an hour I exercise less terrible. I've also started looking for ways of exercising which I won't despise, and I think I found one! I recently discovered I really enjoy biking, so a few days ago I went on a 14-mile bike ride around the natural trails of my town. Beautiful doesn't even begin to cover what my eyes saw, and even when I felt like collapsing on the floor stopping and going back, I kept pushing myself to keep biking and enjoy the ride.

• Write at least 1 post every week: As a full-time worker and a student, sometimes blogging can be hard. I will admit that sometimes I have the time but I don't have the inspiration, and some times I have the inspiration but don't have the time. However, there's always place for improvement. I really want to comit to this blog, and to get to know all of you and other bloggers, so I want to write at least a blog post a week. To me, that means that I'll have to write in advance, and plan ahead. Which I have started this past week - I recently started writing down ideas for a few posts, and I will be posting about my first travel series this month, titled "When In...", so stay tuned for that!

• Pass my driver's ed and get a driving's licence: this is a thing I've been procrastinating for the past... 5 years, at least. I've never been the type of person that is super excited about driving. In fact, I've never really had the desire to learn how to drive. However, now that I'm turning 22, I've realized how important and necessary it is to know how to drive. Especially when you live in a town as small as mine and you need to go from one town to another. Because of that, I've started to take driving lessons and I'm currently on the process of getting my permit - so wish me luck!
• Continue to learn recipes: Last month I shared with you that I'm trying to learn more vegan / vegetarian recipes as I was trying to eat healthier and meatless, and that hasn't changed this month. I'm still looking up cheap recipes, and particularly at a college student level of cooking for them to be fairly easy, so if you know any, send them my way. I've also added more fruits to my recipes, and instead of eating beef I've switched to salmon and tuna!

• Finish all study abroad matters: As I've shared in my blog a few months ago, I was selected to go on my dream study abroad in Nottingham, England. However, that means a lot of paperwork for this girl, and purchasing a few living and travel essentials before I head over to the land of Queen Elizabeth: first, I need a suitcase (mine got destroyed when I came to the USA freshmen year) and I'm thinking about buying a backpacking backpack (any recommendations on that department are welcomed). Then, I need to make sure all my paperwork is in order, and book my tickets to spend a few weeks at my friend's house in Mexico City. 

These are my five goals this month, what are your goals ? Is there anything you're looking forward to? Let me know in the comments!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook!

The Blogging Elite


The Blogging Elite

Where do you come from?

Flag Counter