On Being 21, Christmas at Luther and Finals Week (and a bit of Parks and Rec...)

10:38 AM

Hello everybody!
                            First of all, thank you for all the birthday wishes on my social media accounts! It's so nice to see people around the world taking a few minutes of their time to wish someone a happy birthday - plus, it meant a lot to me! Also, BIG thank you to everyone who came over to my room to wish me a happy birthday and brought gifts. It was a great 21st birthday - even if it was a Monday.


This week in particular has been a bit more hectic than the past weeks. After having an awesome Thanksgiving break - I may or may have not watched too much Netflix - I was hoping to have an easy start into the rest of the semester, but ended up finding myself to be way more stressed than I thought I would be. My week had a nice break when I went to see Christmas at Luther - I mentioned it a few posts behind - and it was SO beautiful. This year, they narrated the stories we don't usually hear about during Christmas - those of the times of War, and how people have coped with being away from their families. For the last song, they had a slideshow of soldiers in World War Two spending Christmas in the refuges. One of my favourite parts was probably seeing all my residents & friends on stage and seeing how beautiful their semester-long efforts paid off, and how beautiful their creation was.

Soon enough though finals caught up with me and I was a little walking mess who just wanted to sleep all day. I also had the misfortune of getting the flu, and spent most of my last week and weekend coughing and sneezing....

                

BUT

FINALS ARE OVER!!



I can't believe the semester is over already... and I'm going home! I'll be arriving in Montevideo somewhere in the next week or so, and I couldn't be more ready to spend my first Christmas in four years with those who matter the most. I will miss being an R.A, but we all need a little break from things once in a while, don't we?

What was the highlight of your semester? Let me know! 

ps. I'm SO ready for the new Parks and Rec Season! Do any of you watch it too?

- Vicky


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook!

The Blogging Elite


The Blogging Elite

Where do you come from?

Flag Counter